Monday, August 17, 2015

HAVE A Rat-free home with Jardine’s single feed rodenticide

I am afraid of Rats since I was a child. They really scare me to death. I see rats as big as kittens and they look really scary and dirty. I usually shriek and jump of my feet when I see one even today. I just get so weak in my knees when I know that there are rats around. Here in Sampaloc where I live, they are all around since the sewers here are as old as they can get and a lot of areas here gets flooded during rainy season.

Rats usually prefer to nest underground but when the rainy season comes, these nests can become flooded and rats are forced to find other places to stay. So it’s not unusual to find rats coming into our homes to find shelter and food once the rains come.

I always wonder how I can eliminate them and have a Rat Free Home... It looks really impossible since I have tried countless ways just to get rid of them but to no avail.

Once rats are in our homes, our family is put at risk of a number of diseases like leptospirosis.  It’s a disease caused by the leptospira bacteria and is commonly transmitted in rats’ urine. Leptospirosis causes kidney damage, liver failure, meningitis (inflammation of the brain membranes or the spinal cord), and respiratory distress. It can be deadly in some cases. We can get a leptospirosis infection either through exposure to floodwaters that are contaminated with rat urine; or exposure to rats’ urine in our homes.

 “It’s very hard to keep rats away from your house. They can slip through cracks and even small openings, and into the ceiling. They can gnaw and chew their way through partitions. They are very smart and many have learned to avoid traps. What we need to do is find a way to outsmart these rats,” said Marketing Manager Peachy Tiu of Jardine Distribution, Inc.

The smart way to eliminate rats from our homes is Klerat, an especially- formulated bait that is attractive to rats but is also deadly to them.  The usual problem with rat baits is that rats are smart enough to identify a bait as dangerous. When this happens, rats develop what is known as “bait shyness”.  Usually a rat will recognize bait as dangerous if it sees dead rats near or around the area where the bait is placed.


Klerat prevents bait shyness because rats do not identify the bait as dangerous.  The secret is in the delayed action of Klerat’s active ingredient.  After a rat consumes Klerat, the rat does not feel or display any symptoms. The rat is able to leave the area and it takes several hours before the killing effect of the bait happens. The rat dies far away from the bait area so other rats do not become suspicious.

Klerat has two other advantages. One, a rat only needs to consume a little amount of bait to be affected. Other bait products require rats to do several feedings of the bait before the rat dies. With Klerat, a single rat needs to consume only as little as 3 grams of the bait to achieve the killing action.  Second, Klerat works for both rats and mice. “Other bait products in the market only work against rats. Klerat is the only one formulated to kill both rats and mice,” said Peachy Tiu.  

“Apart from using an effective rodenticide, it is equally important to maintain a clean environment to totally prevent rat infestation”, said Tiu.

Is this really true? If it is then Klerat is the answer to my long time problem of rats roaming around our home. I can't wait to try it out and see the results.

Again, my concern as a MOM is my kids safety and as long as there are rats in our home I know that I need to take the extra precautions just to make sure we are safe. 

For more information about Klerat and how it can make your home safe from potentially deadly rat-and-mice-borne diseases, go to the website www.jardinedistribution.com

No comments:

Post a Comment